Sunday, March 5, 2006

Pearls Before Swine

Its been a long time since I ve posted on my blog... The prelims ve left me drained, n I still havent started working for my university papers...
Anyways, this is from the only thing that keeps me going - Pearls Before Swine, the comic strip by Stephen Spastis. (Look into the Mumbai Mirror, its one of the very few good things bout this paper). This is the uncut version of a nursery rhyme (according to 'rat') :
Little Miss Muffet
sat on a tuffet
eating her curds and whey
along came a spider
who sat down beside her
and frightened Miss Muffet away.

****
Then Muffet went back
and checked her gun-rack
grabbing a .357,
finding the spider,
she sat dwon beside her
and blew that poor sucker to heaven.
****

I dunno what I wud do, if it weren't for the 'pearls' :)

6 comments:

Dev said...

finally someone else who reads PBS!
very few strips have that kind of humour.
U can catch tem online at
Yahoo

General Disarray said...

You like the nursery rhyme, eh? Try Roald Dahl's "Revolting Rhymes" - I think it's on this site called the ARTery...You'll like them, I'm sure

Geetha said...

PBS makes my day!

Mental Floss said...

Yay! More people who love PBS!! You wont believe, thats the FIRST thing I look for, in that darned paper! It takes priority over the headlines, even.. =)

Geetha said...

:)

Unknown said...

PBS rocks!!!