Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Busy Man

Not that I don’t long for you,
Don’t think, don’t miss, don’t pain,
But I live the life of a busy man with
No time to spend in vain.
How each day of mine passes!
I slog from morning till late night
Then I decide I shall write to you
But end up just sleeping tight.
You know the woes of a busy man,
Now, don’t you, my dear –
Every minute is of great value
But don’t you have any fear
‘Cause every time I see the flowers,
The cards, the gifts, the cake-shop
All those birthdays and dates I ‘ve missed,
Right back into my mind they drop
And I pause, and I stand for a while
May be, I should give you a call
The next moment my mobile beeps
O! The stock market has taken a fall.

4 comments:

General Disarray said...

Whoa. I wish I had written that... May I use it? Please? Please? I'll give you credit and all (unlike other people we know, who claim to have written poems themselves)

Geetha said...

Sure,you may. Sorry for being late in responding.

General Disarray said...

*grins* I'll let you know when I use it!

Geetha said...

thnx. i am honoured. :)