Friday, December 23, 2005

The Pretender

How many masks can I wear?
Just how many more?
I need a thousand-and-one masks each day of my life,
I need thousand-and-one pretences to walk along,
A million lies, to tell myself,
It’s worth it to go on.
Within these fabrics,
What is it that I think?
Within this ‘somebody’
Who am I?

I am the pretender
Lost to myself,
Lost in the numerous identities
In the sands of the unknown.

And one day when I am out of supplies,
Will you, my friend, lend me one?
Just one more lie.
Just one more push, to go on.
Alas! If only someone knew me.
If only I knew me.
If only I knew me.

I am the pretender.
I survive on self-deceit.
I have lost myself
Lost in the numerous identities
In the sands of the unknown.

2 comments:

Sagar Kolte said...

you know yourself.
you are the pretender.

Geetha said...

I wish I did. Sometimes I aint that sure. I read that you are at peace with yourself, how come?